The Diesel Technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of diesel-powered trucks
and fleet vehicles. Their duties include running diagnostic tests on vehicles, replacing the
vehicles’ engine, transmission, steering mechanism, or braking system and test driving the
vehicle to determine if they properly fixed the maintenance issue.
We are Certified Fleet Services, we provide full service fleet repair and maintenance and we are growing by the day. Our mission is to get our customers back on the road faster. We are disciplined and accountable in our pursuit to see every team member reach their personal, professional, and financial goals through the work we do together. Our core values are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring process: we are inspirational, accountable, disciplined, results oriented, excellent, and aligned.
● Consulting with the customer and reading work orders to evaluate the tasks required
● Preparing work plans after fully scoping out the issues
● Running diagnostic tests on diesel engines and interpreting the results to offer suitable
● Inspecting vehicle systems, including suspensions, steering and exhaust systems
● Repairing or replacing vehicle transmissions, brakes, engines and other associated parts
● Conducting field visits in the case of an emergency or sudden breakdown
● Test driving repaired vehicles to gauge their performance
● Completing oil changes, wheel balancing, alignment, and brake checks
● Maintaining records of parts inventory and serviced vehicles
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required to be successful in this role, but are not necessarily all inclusive.
● Intermediate knowledge of diesel repair and maintenance
● Excellent time management skills
● Experience successfully maintaining a positive attitude while working in a team
environment with competing priorities
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to read, interpret, and create documents such as safety rules, procedure
manuals, and written correspondence
● Attend and participate in internal meetings and complete required training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● GED or High School Diploma preferred
● Minimum 1 year of diesel automotive repair experience required
● Current State Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record required
● Experience working with team members across multiple functional roles preferred
● Ability to spend prolonged periods of time standing or walking
● Ability to work in enclosed environments exposed to excessive noise, automotive shop environment, and cold or heat
● Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
● Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential requirements
● Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
● Paid Holidays
● PTO Program
● IRA Plan
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Certified Fleet Services recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com Already a Certified Fleet Services candidate? Please connect directly with your recruiter to discuss this opportunity.